Thank you for your interest in The Peoples National Bank Of Mt Pleasant. The decision to switch to a new bank is not an easy one. We want to make it as easy for you as possible. Just follow these easy steps.
• Open your new deposit account at The Peoples National Bank Of Mt Pleasant.
Come in to any of our offices. Please bring all account holders/signers and the following items for each person:
• A valid driver’s license for each account holder
• A second form of ID for each account holder
(For example, a credit card or Social Security card)
• Minimum opening deposit for the account you choose
• Stop using your previous bank account.
• Leave sufficient funds in your old account to cover any outstanding checks or automatic payments.
• Destroy your unused checks, deposit slips, ATM and debit cards from your previous bank, or bring them with you and we’ll shred them for you.
• Transfer your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new account.
• Fill out your Direct Deposit and Automatic Payment forms and attach a voided check from your new Peoples National account to each form. Then drop them in the mail.
If you wish, one of our customer service representatives will be glad to help you with this.
• Close your previous bank account.
• Be sure to verify that all outstanding checks and automatic payments have cleared your old account, and that your direct deposits have been transferred to your new Peoples National account.*
• After verifying, fill out and mail the enclosed Account Closure form to your previous bank.
Stop in to ask any questions, or just give us a call. We’ll be glad to help. We’re eager to serve you at The Peoples National Bank of Mt. Pleasant.
* The Peoples National Bank Of Mt Pleasant is not responsible for overdraft charges due to insufficient funds at your previous bank account.
Change My Direct Deposit (PDF)
Close My Account (PDF)